Monday, 5 August 2013

Bin Kitten Is Me

I've been shying away from actually writing a "personal" blog for a long time; but after constantly straying off the topic to talk about random things while keeping a musician blog and a blog for my online vintage boutique, that were supposed to be somewhat business, I'm finally embracing the idea that my poor roaming mind will benefit from having a space to put down those non-business related thoughts and images, and will perhaps create something good in the process.

My name is Lute, and I live in Dublin Ireland though I'm of "various extractions". I'm really more of a vintage person than anything else nowadays, and both my fiancé and I are hugely into Old Hollywood, show tunes, ragtime numbers, and dressing up fancy when we can. I'm also forever reading Victorian literature.

This looks a little like how I feel at the moment (taken at Castletown House last week):
Photo by Mike Smith
Though I think this is how my mother would rather like to envision me (stay 50s Vogue! she says):
(From a shoot for my shop, Pretty Bones Jefferson Vintage)

But this is how I'd feel the most comfortable:

And I'm probably going to start wearing shorter skirts/dresses again, especially when I'm modelling for my vintage shop:

But having shown you these "looks", what I'd really do is play music, which is what I am - I'm a musician (or more specifically a singer-songwriter, to use an easy term!).
(At The Back Loft earlier this year, photo courtesy of Ciarna Or Duc)
So what's going to be talked about at this space? I think - artistic inspirations and art/fashion projects. I'm thinking about book/art/film/fashion reviews, fashion and costume designs and photoshoots, vintage tutorials, and maybe from time to time some random talk on things like my local restaurants and broader topics of social issues.All in good time, and I'll try to keep things in order.

The next post will be costume-y...

No comments: